Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Old Skirt Refashioned

 Have you ever gone through your closet only to find clothes from five years ago that you haven't worn in forever?  I do that constantly.  I used to convince myself that certain clothes would be worth hanging on to because I would eventually wear it.  You all know how that goes...you never end up wearing it!  Well, lately I have been taking those clothes that I couldn't part with and making them into clothes for the little miss.  She loves, loves, loves dresses so this turned out to be a big hit.  I am a dork, however, and forgot to take pictures during the process.  Oopsie!
 Basically I cut out one side of the skirt, but made sure to keep the zipper so I could use it for the back of the dress.  I used the scraps to make some easy sleeves.  I then attached some lace that I had to make a sash (every princess dress needs a sash, right?).  When I held the dress up to little miss, I realized it was a bit long.  What is a girl to do?  Ah... gather!  I simply took small chunks of the dress on the inside and sewed them together to create the gathered effect on the outside of the dress.
Don't I have the cutest model ever?!  Now I can sleep at night knowing the skirt is being used :)

No comments:

Post a Comment